Mark is a freelance photographer based in Cardiff, U.K.
He graduated in 2013 with a degree in photojournalism from the university of Wales/ Trinity St David and an MA in documentary photography at USW in 2022.
His work has been widely featured and exhibited throughout the world including London’s Mall galleries and the DNG gallery in Los Angeles. He has been selected for a number of awards and bursaries. More notably he was selected as one of the winners at the Antiparos photo festival for his acclaimed work ‘A swim into the wild’ and received a winning placement in the professional photo essay category at the Moscow international photography awards for his work-documenting children affected by the Chernobyl disaster.
He receives regular commissions for channel 4, the telegraph magazine, the smith journal, the guardian, the financial times, vice and the BBC among others and has worked on a number of commercial and advertorial campaigns for the national lottery and Disney.
His personal work visually investigates a broad of topics ranging from social, environmental, historical and political narratives in order to understand the complexities of these stories and educate himself and others about the importance of documenting matters close to the heart.
University of Wales/Trinity St David - BA (Hons) Photojournalism
University of Wales/Trinity St David - MA Documentary photography
· The Guardian
· The Financial Times
· The Observer Magazine
· The Telegraph Magazine
· Positive News Magazine
· Channel 4
· The National Lottery
· The Metro
· The Smith Journal
· British Journal of Photography
· Süddeutsche Zeitung
· The Calvert Journal
· Athleta Magazine
· The Adventure Journal
· Fisheye Magazine
· Rakes Progress
· C41 Magazine
· The Heavy Collective
Selected awards and exhibitions
· 2021 British Journal of Photography Leica Commission - Runner up
· 2021 The Reginald Salisbury Travel Bursary - Recipient
· 2019 Antiparos International Photo Festival - Winner
· 2019 RPS Environmental Bursary - Shortlisted
· 2019 Espace Jorg Brockmann award - Special mention
· 2019 Subjectively Objective Award - Winner
· 2019 ESPY International Photography Awards - Specially Commended.
· 2018 Pylot Magazine Open Call - Finalist and exhibitor.
· 2017 ESPY International Photography Awards - Specially Commended.
· 2016 Fotofilmic Awards - Finalist and exhibitor.
· 2015 Moscow International Photography Awards, Professional photo essay category - Winning Placement.
· 2015 British Life Photography Awards, Portrait Category - Highly commended.
· Group Exhibition, Copeland Gallery, London.
· Group Exhibition. Truman Brewery, London.
· The Loss of Tradition, Solo Exhibition. Oriel Bach Gallery.
· South of the Landsker, Solo Exhibition, The Torch Theatre.
· Made in Wales II, Group Exhibition, London and Wales.
· BLPA Awards, Group Exhibition, The Mall Galleries, London.
· Fotofilmic Awards, Los Angeles, Vancouver and Melbourne.
· ETSY Photography Awards, The Grand Theatre, Wales, U.K.
(+44) 07 875 100 416